Capel Manor Gardens welcomes you, and your visitors.
Our beautiful 30 acre estate provides a colourful and scented oasis surrounding a Georgian Manor House and Victorian Stables. It offers a unique opportunity to see behind the scenes at Greater London’s only Specialist College of Horticulture, Arboriculture, Floristry, Garden Design, Animal Care and Countryside Studies.
Your guests can explore . . .
- 30 acres of richly planted themed gardens including Historical Gardens, Italianate Maze, Japanese Garden and many others
- Which? Gardening Magazine demonstration and trial gardens
- The National Gardening Centre with specially designed Theme Gardens
- Sunflower Street, seven gardens designed by former students
- The Hessayon Centre (our Visitors Centre) with garden gift shop and plant sales area
- Refreshments in our Terrace Restaurant serving a tempting range of hot and cold food
- Animal corner and stableyard
Not to mention . . .
- Guided walks (by arrangement) with special rates
- A full and varied programme of shows and events (click here for more info)
As well as. . .
- Disabled access around most parts of our estate, including toilets and restaurant with ramps and firm surfaces where possible
- Free wheelchair loan and motorised scooter (please book in advance)
- Free entry for wheelchair assistants/pushers/carers
- Gardens designed for wheelchair users
Group rates are available for parties of 20 or more paying customers, booked a minimum of 2 weeks in advance of the visit.
Group Rates for weekdays and weekends including shows such as the Festival of Gardening (excludes musical and theatrical events):
Adults: £5 normal price £5.50
Concessions: £4 normal price £4.50
(Senior citizens, disable, students, UB40 holders)
Children: £2 normal price £2.50
(5s and under go free)
NB: Your driver and guide are admitted into the grounds free of charge.
Pay on the day
Please pay for your visit when you arrive. If possible we would appreciate the correct cash or a cheque made payable to Capel Manor College (with accompanying cheque card) presented to our admission staff. Thank you.
NB: If numbers fall below 20 paying entries on the day of the visit the normal price of admission will be applied.
Opening dates and times
Please click here for full details of opening dates and times. When planning your visit take account of our fantastic events taking place throughout the year. Click here for shows and events
In brief, summer opening hours are daily, 10am – 5.30pm. Evening visits can be organised specially for your group, but are arranged to include a guided tour – see guided tours.
Your visitors can choose to follow their own route following the map provided or tours can be arranged which last approximately 90 minutes ( a recommended start time for summer evening guided tours is 7.00pm latest) Groups will be charged at the appropriate group rate (see above) plus the guided tour rate which is £2.50 per person (minimum payment £40.00).
Leaflets are available and can be sent to you prior to your trip or can be collected from the admission point on arrival.
Our Terrace Restaurant serves a variety of refreshments in the grounds which is open throughout the day, usually until 5.00pm. Group Lunch and Teas are available (please ring for details). Groups are also welcome to bring their own refreshments, especially picnics, and we are sure you will help to keep our grounds tidy.
If you have any questions then please contact our Customer Service team on 0303 003 1234 Ext 1200