We would like all visitors to the gardens to enjoy its facilities but please respect the estate and understand that Capel Manor is a college as well as a visitor attraction and therefore:
- All visitors with children must ensure they are supervised at all times
- Visitors must be considerate of others and put all litter in the appropriate bins
- Visitors are prohibited from playing ball and other games on the estate (However, the showground area may be used for such activities when events are not taking place)
- Visitors must not climb the trees
- No vehicles (bicycles, tricycles, skateboards, roller skates or scooters etc) other than powered wheelchairs can be used or brought onto the estate
- Radios or cassette players are not permitted in the grounds
- Visitors must not have barbeques on the estate, picnics however are welcomed and the Terrace Restaurant offers a range of refreshments
- Visitors must request permission when taking photography for commercial purposes – click here
- Smoking is prohibited in all college buildings but is permitted in the designated area behind the Terrace Restaurant
Please follow these guidelines when visiting Capel Manor with your dog:
- Clear up immediately after your dog if it fouls.
- Make sure your dog wears a collar with your name and address on it – this is a legal requirement under the Control of Dogs Order and could be vital if your dog gets lost.
- Keep your dog under proper control – remember, not everyone likes your dog as much as you do!